INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
1. Information you choose to give us
2. Automatically collected information
3. Information we get from third parties
Your Account Information. You provide your mobile phone number and basic information (including a profile name) to create a Vocatok account. You provide us, all in accordance with applicable laws, the phone numbers in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile picture and voice status.
Your Messages. You also provide us whatever information you send through the platform, such as Voice and text messages to your friends. Keep in mind that the users you send a message to can always save that content or copy it outside the app. Hence we advise you not to send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
how you interact with the application, such as which voice emojis you use most frequently, how often do you use text messaging feature etc.
how you communicate with other users on Vocatok, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and content type of the message (voice, text, featured Voca etc.)
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected; and
information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, and signal strength.
Phonebook Information. We may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook to help you connect with your friends and family.
Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to send photos or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. Here's how:
Our Services. We use the information we have to operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on Vocatok. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this policy.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information about you in the following ways:
We may share the following information with other Vocatok users:
• Information about you, such as your username, name and voice status.
• Any additional information you have consented for us to share.
• We may share the following information with all Vocatok users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
a. public information like your name, username and voice status
b. Voice Reactions that you create and save on the application
• We may share your information with the following third parties:
a. with service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
b. with third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation AND/OR investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations AND/OR protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others AND/OR detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
• With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Vocatok gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
• We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES
1. Provided by others
2. Provided by us
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools:
• Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
• Communicating with other Vocatok users. It’s also important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. You might be visible to any Vocatok user if they have your phone number saved in their contacts. However, you can block them through their profile or the first time they message you.